In Honor of my Grandma Dot’s Birthday!
Today would have been my grandma Dot’s 113th birthday! She is no longer here, but honoring her today with one of her recipes.
Sharing a recipe that she made often and oh so good!
Grandma Dot’s Scalloped Corn
- 1 can creamed corn
- 1 can regular corn (drained)
- 2 eggs
- Small amount of diced onion
- small amount of milk ( about 1 Tablespoon)
- ½ cup Ritz cracker crumbs
- Black pepper
- In bowl mix both cans of corn together.
- Mix in eggs, milk, chopped onion. Stir until well blended.
- Put into lightly greased small casserole dish.
- Lightly sprinkle with black pepper.
- Top with cracker crumbs.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approx. 45 minutes until middle is set
- Note: can easily be doubled for more people!
Oh and as we are gearing up for grilling season…as least here in the mid-west, as spring gives way to summer. Steaks…grilling steaks. Sharing a link from The Pioneer Woman’s website. If you haven’t checked out her site yet…it’s a must. Anyway’s back to grilling…here is her link for “The 5 Best Tips for Cooking Steaks”. Enjoy!